If you park your car under a tree or a bird’s nest, bird poop is a common occurrence. It is no doubt that bird poop not only reduces the aesthetic look of your vehicle but it is also unhygienic.
Bird droppings contain uric acid which can cause quite some level of damage to your vehicle’s paint. The acid, with a pH level ranging from 3 to 4.5, is corrosive and can certainly cause damage to the vehicle’s wax coating and paint.
Today, we are going to talk about how you can get rid of the bird poop, and the subsequent stain it might leave on your car body and Windows. There is nothing more disgusting than seeing a bird come along and use your car as their own personal toilet. It’s so gross! You might be asking yourself “how do I clean this?” Well you are in the right place. Here are some simple tips:
Table of Contents
How to Remove Bird Poop from Car Body
The WD-40 can spray has dozens of automotive uses which include cleaning off dry bird poop from car body. To remove bird poop from the paint of your vehicle using WD-40, follow the following simple steps.
- Spray small bursts of WD-40 on the affected area and let it sit for a minute.
- You can then rinse or wipe it away with a clean, soft cloth.
- Repeat if Necessary until the stains clears.
- WD-40 Specialist Industrial-Strength Cleaner & Degreaser is a water-based, non-aerosol cleaner and degreaser with a unique bio-solvent formula engineered to be powerful yet safe to use across various surfaces. It will quickly breaks through the tough bird poop stain stain and has added corrosion inhibitors to help protect against flash rust.
- WD-40 is Non-flammable, Non-corrosive, Non-abrasive and has Low-odor. This means the product will be both safe to use and gentle on your car, while removing the stubborn bird poop stain effectively.
- Safe for use on car paint, aluminum, chrome, glass, plastic, rubber, stainless steel, granite, leather, and much more.
#2. Baking Soda and Water
If you do not have WD-40 handy, you can use a simple solution of baking soda and hot water. Follow these simple steps:
- Mix a quart (quarter gallon) of warm or hot water with 4 tablespoons of baking soda in a 32-ounce spray bottle and shake.
- Then squirt the solution on the dry bird poop stain and leave it to soak for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing with a hose.
- Rinse thoroughly with a clean cloth.
- Repeat if Necessary until the stain clears
- Arm & Hammer baking soda is made from pure, safe and natural ingredients. This means it does not contain any industrial chemicals that may harm your car surface.
- It has a dozen of cleaning uses including Kitchen and bathroom cleaning, Laundry cleaning and Deodorizing. Be sure that the bird poop stain will be thoroughly cleaned.
- Is guaranteed to absorb and eliminate odors on contact without corroding the cleaned surface.
#3. Quick Detailer Spray
Using a quick detailer spray and a soft microfiber towel is a reliable way to get bird poo off your vehicle. Detailing sprays are cheap and act quickly on different stains including bird poop, bugs, water spots, fingerprints, grease, and other contaminants that may damage your car’s finish. Used sparingly, quick detailing spray should last years.
- For more than 100 years, Meguiar’s has provided specialized, state-of-the-art formulations and high performance car care products for every automotive surface, both on the interior and exterior of cars.
- Meguiar’s Quik Detailer Mist and Wipe Works well on bird droppings, as long as you don’t let the droppings sit for too long. If hardened Spay with water to soften before using the Detailer solution.
- Meguiar’s Quik Detailer gently cleans the stains while preventing swirling and scratching on the car surface. Its also pH neutral formula preserves wax protection and thus avoids corroding the car surface.
#4. Unscented Laundry Soap
You can use Tide Free and Gentle Liquid, all Liquid Laundry Detergent or any other fragrance free laundry detergent to clean the Bird dropping stain.
Use the following steps to ensure safe and thorough cleaning is achieved.
- You can use Allow the bird scat to dry before scrapping it off smoothly to avoid leaving scratches.
- Then apply a few drops of liquid laundry detergent and pat down with a clean, dampened cloth until the area is saturated.
- Rinse the cloth and gently scrub the area into a lather. Pat the area with a well rinsed and wrung out cloth then allow the car to air dry, preferably indoors (in a garage) or in a shed outdoor.
- Tide is the leading national multi use detergent
- Unscented and Hypoallergenic for Sensitive Surfaces
- Free and Clear of Dyes and Perfumes – Protects surfaces from fading, and fuzz.
- Dermatologist Recommended – meaning it will be gentle on your hands while cleaning
- Its advance formulation completely removes more residue from dirt and stains.
- Contain no Phosphate – Environment friendly.
#5. Poop-Off Bird Poop Remover Sprayer
You might be surprised to know that special products such as Poop-Off Bird Poop Remover Sprayer exist. These products do a great job of removing dry bird poop from cars windows, body or any other surfaces. The poop-cleaning liquid which helps to destabilize and neutralize the uric acid in bird droppings.
The package is easy to use:
- Directly spray and soak the stain with sprayer for a few minutes before scrubbing off
- Rinse with warm water. You may have to treat twice if necessary.
- Finally, You just need a clean cloth to clean off the stain residue afterwards.
- Removes even the toughest stains from any stained surface.
- Removes droppings from all types of avian diets including Seed fruit nuts meat vegetables nectar bugs grains formulated diet and greens
- Product is 100% safe to use on Car surfaces.
- Instantly dissolves bird droppings.
- Made in the USA.
How to Remove Bird Poop from Car Window
#1. Seltzer Water
When you find your windshield littered with bird droppings, using the cars wiper blades will not get rid of the problem but in most cases make the windshield even more messier.
However there is a simple and cheaper solution – Seltzer water! Hard to believe right. Follow the steps below to clear bird droppings of your windshield or car windows with Seltzer water.
- Pour some seltzer water, club soda or Schweppes Original Seltzer (not cola-it is corrosive to automotive paint, glass, wax and rubber) on the stain.
- Then let it sit for a few minutes. The carbonation from seltzer water acts to break up dry bird droppings for easier clean-up, particularly on windows and windshields.
- Thoroughly rinse it with water or turn your windshield wipers on.
- 100% Natural – No impurities that my react and damage your car surface
- Carbonated water – reaction from carbonization of the water will react with the stain to effectively remove it without causing damage to your car glass surface.
- No Sugar, No Sweeteners, No Sodium, No Carbs – that may cause stickiness or additional stains to your car.
#2. Glass Cleaner
There are cleaners that are specially formulated to work on contaminants on the interior and exterior of your car. These cleaning products are convenient, fairly cheap, and can wash more than just bird droppings from your car. They help to easily clear off bird dropping stains on your car window leaving a streak free and smear free finish.
We recommend Windex Glass and Window Cleaner Spray as the best cleaner for cleaning Car glass surfaces.
- Direct the bottle nozzle on the bird poop stain
- Allow liquid to react with the stain for a few seconds
- Clean glass surfaces from top to bottom to prevent dripping on glass surface that has already been cleaned
- Wipe with a dry paper towel
- Allow to dry in a shade away from direct sunlight
- Repeat the cleaning process if necessary
- Perfected formula for cleaning glass and windows
- Lightens and brightens glass surface leaving it sparkling clean
- Starts working on stains, smudges and smears instantly after spraying
- 10.7 pH ensures the liquid will not react with the glass surface
#3. Car Wipes
Car wipes offer a convenient method of cleaning bird droppings of car windows. What’s more, disposing the wipes is simple and environmental friendly.
We highly recommend the Armor All Car Interior Cleaner Glass Wipes because of the following reasons:
- No streaks – Incredible clarity and shine with no streaking or hazing
- Thorough Cleaning – Easily removes filmy residue, road grime, bugs, fingerprints and more
- Environmentally friendly – Residue-free and Ammonia free
- Disposable – Convenient, disposable wipes are safe for auto glass and tinted glass when used as directed
- On-the-Go – Keep a pack in your car for on the go cleaning
Do not let your car get permanent marks by ignoring the small stains caused by birds. These methods will help you preserve your cars shine with reduced visits to your cleaner. They are easy and quite affordable, compared to the would-be end result of repainting your car.