Black cars need paint sealant to keep them looking good and shiny. They are prone to high levels of solar reflectivity, which can make the black finish appear dull or cloudy. This is because black paints tend to absorb more light than other colors, so they become hotter and this leads to oxidation.
Paint sealant prevents oxidation by acting as a barrier on the surface of your car’s paint that reflects heat away from it. It also protects against airborne contaminants like bird droppings or tree sap that can cause damage if left untreated for too long.
The best time to apply a sealant will be about 3-4 months after you have had your car re-painted in order for it to fully cure and bond with the new layer of paint underneath.
Black cars are often more expensive than other colors because they require extra attention and upkeep. This blog post will help give you the tools necessary to take care of your vehicle’s exterior so that it looks as good as possible for years to come!
Table of Contents
Why Black Cars needs Paint Sealant
#1. UV rays Protection
Exposing your car to direct sunlight contributes majorly to the car’s fading and paint degradation. This is because of the reaction between the sun’s radiation rays and the paint makes the car lose its shine. The oxidation process also makes the car look chalky.
Black cars absorb the sunlight rather than reflect it. This is a major problem especially during summer months; however using a sealant will protect your black paint work from the sun rays and other harmful elements.
#2. Easy Washing and Drying
Paint sealant makes it easier to wash and dry a black vehicle; this is because paint sealants have hydrophobic quality. This means that they are resistant to dirt and chaffs, standing water.
Its a bummer that black cars are the most the prone to get Swirl marks, grazes, scratches and dust marks, which become conspicuously visible when the car gets dirty. All the sealants we have reviewed in this article, have hydrophobic properties which makes it easy to wash and dry your black batmobile, leaving it spotlessly clean and shinny.
#3. Acid and Elements Protection
Paint sealants are a proven way to protects car paint from acid and other chemical elements; since acid dissolves the paint.
Bird dropping, insect splatter, and acid rain contain high levels of acid. When these elements accumulates on the car’s exterior, it will eat away at your paint even after the water evaporates. This destroys the car and this damage is very difficult to reverse.
#4. Enhances the Resale Value of the Car
People who have a deep passion for cars occasionally switch from one brand or one car model to another. The value of a good paint sealer is that your car will maintain its clear coating and shine at all times.
Its important to note that black cars are considered luxurious and sexy, and naturally they have a higher resale value. It is therefore important to maintain these black beauty qualities at all times, by using the sealants we have thoroughly researched and recommended below.
Best Paint Sealant for Black Cars
Paint sealant is an important part of keeping your black car looking good. If you don’t want to take the time or spend the money, then at least consider our paint sealant for black cars.
Below are the five best sealants we always recommend to Black and Dark Shade Car owners.
- 16 oz. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
- 16 x 16 inch Cobra Deluxe Jr. Microfiber Towel
- 3.5 x 4.5 inch Cobra Deluxe Microfiber Applicator
The Wolfgang Concours Series WG5500 Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is a breakthrough wrinkle-reducing formula with a deep gloss, liquid-like shimmer. It provides unsurpassed protection against the elements for up to one year without washing or waxing – and it can stand up to extreme temperatures!
Use this paint sealant on any type of car, in any condition – from brand new to 10 years old. The non-abrasive formula protects all types and colors of paint (especially dark and black colors) from dirt, rain, snow, salt products like road salt, salty ocean air, ozone gas coming through your vehicle’s sealed windows and stays put through moisture. This Wolfgang Concours Series WG5500 Deep Gloss Paint Sealant has enhanced super polymers that give you an amazing anti-static property, to ensure your car does not attract dust and other environmental contaminants.
- Ultimate protection against UV rays, infrared radiation, salt water, acid rain, water spots and environmental pollutants.
- Withstands extreme temperatures
- Great for Darker or Black cars
- Non-Abrasive Formula
- Long Lasting Protection, upto 12 Months
- Pricey compared to the aforementioned Sealants.
- Not great for Plastic or glass surfaces.
- 12 hours of curing time.
- Includes Chemical Guys Jetseal, Pete's 53, three towels & one sponge (Color May Vary)
- Durable protection for the paint, designed to shield your vehicle's exterior from the harshest...
- Layering Pete's 53 on top of Jet Seal enhances the signature carnauba look that synthetic sealants...
The Chemical Guys JetSeal Paint Sealant and Paint Protectant isn’t just an oil-based liquid coating anymore, nor is it a caked on wax product waiting to deteriorate under UV rays until your paint literally starts peeling away from the metal skin. It’s a true sealant with multiple layers of protection built in against everything that life throws at your Cars painted surfaces out there on the street every day!
Just when you thought your car’s shine couldn’t get any better, Chemical Guys has developed JetSeal. Studying the latest in hybrid and electric vehicle finishes, we found that their finish was unrivaled on the market. Adding Hydrophobic Properties and shiny gloss finish to give your car a shiny and wet look even if it isn’t raining or washing your car.
The Chemical Guys JetSeal Paint Sealant and Paint Protectant will keep protecting against all kinds of fallout for upto 6 to 12 months.
This powerful formulation allows for a sparkling clean and shiny finish, plus a quick drying time of about 20 Minutes.
- Guaranteed premium high gloss shiny finish
- Protection against UV solar rays, discoloration, contamination, and water spots.
- Hydrophobic protective layer that repels water and stains
- Quick Dry time approximately 20 minutes.
- Spreads Easily By Hand Or Machine
- Sealant need to be reapplied after 6 Months to maintain shine and protection
- ADVANCED FORMULA: Revolutionary aerosol formula offers brilliant gloss with a long-lasting synthetic...
- YEARLONG RESULTS: Protects for a full year
- EXTREME EASE: No buffing required and no dry time allows you to complete an entire vehicle in a...
Meguiar’s G18309 Ultimate Fast Finish is the ultimate quick detail spray that provides yearlong protection and amazing shine. The revolutionary aerosol formula offers a brilliant gloss with long-lasting synthetic polymer coating, protecting your paint for a full year!
It is SO easy to use – just spray and wipe on without any buffing required or dry time. With its extreme water beading technology, this product is guaranteed to make your vehicle shinier and protect it better than ever!
- Easy to use aerosol spray bottle
- Instant Cure time
- Great shine and UV protection
- Suitable for Black and dark colored cars
- Guaranteed to last for at least 12 Months
- Great price for the great product.
- Wear a glove and mask when Appling so that the aerosol spray does not absorb through your skin.
- Should be applied indoors or in a shed, for best instant cure results.
- ✅ Only apply 1-2 times a year! – Are you tired of using products that look great, but don’t...
- ✅ Super Easy to Apply and Buff! – No professional needed! See why all our customers rave at how...
- ✅ Super Slick Mirror Shine! – Most products nowadays will make your vehicle look pretty good....
Car Guys the reputable USA car manufacture, presents the Car Guys Ultimate Car Wax Shine with Polymer Paint Sealant Protection. It is an easy and affordable way to keep your black car looking shiny and your paint sealant protected with little effort.
Just spray the sealant, wait 6 months then apply as directed. No more waiting for a perfect day to seal and wax your car, just use a fiber cloth (no buffing needed), whether outside on a sunny day or indoors.
Car Guy Liquid Wax with paint sealant protection will be sure to give you the sleek and reflective glossy look you’re going for. Spray on some protection with this hybrid wax that’s infused with carnauba wax for maximum shine and gloss that lasts. It doesn’t get any easier than this!
- Inbuilt Hydrophobic Shine with Super Slick glossy finish
- Easy to Apply
- Comes with a free foam applicator
- Safe to use on painted plastic parts, headlights and taillights
- Best wax/sealant combination (sealant infused with carnauba wax)
Buying Guide: Factors to Consider when Buying Paint Sealant for Black Cars
Throughout the year, we experience harsh weather conditions from time to time. Extreme hot weather or winter causes the vehicles to fade or worse still, eats it away.
Purchasing a durable sealant to protect the paint will not only keep the car in a good condition but also offer long-lasting protection. Since most daily drivers work with a budget, a durable sealant is not only economical but also secures your car’s paint for a long time.
#2. Protection Features
The basic protection features are proof against water spots, dirt, UV rays, and discoloration. Protecting your car from environmental hazards is almost impossible. UV damages the paint when frequently exposed and makes it fade. A car paint sealant acts as a protective layer over the paint. This maintains the original paint.
Ensure that your sealant can protect against dirt, bird droppings and water spots as well. Each sealant contains a different level of resistant power, so ensure that your sealant keeps out contaminants that you are likely to encounter.
#3. Type of Sealant
There are two basic materials used in making a sealant; Polymer and Acrylic.
Acrylic is oil-based and more durable. This means that you do not have to reapply it as often. This is suitable for people working with a budget and those who want to save time. It is also easy to apply.
Polymer on the other hand produces a better shine. It is a combination of various substances, one of them being car wax that helps attain both protection and beauty. Other choices include synthetic polymer, polymer protectants, and ceramic coating spray.
The volume of the sealant determines how long it will last. The best sealant should be ready for use and should be applied minimal times. The volume is usually mentioned in the specifications.
The sealants’ bottle sizes range from 8oz to 128oz, the big capacity bottles deliver effective and long lasting results. This is because they only need a small amount of sealant that makes them fit for regular use.
#5. Sealant Finish
Each model is created to offer a unique appearance. One benefit of a car paint seal is to give your car a beautiful finish.
The Chemical guys Jet Seal paint Sealant and Paint Protectant give the car a mirror-like, wet finish that makes a reflective and smooth surface; whereas the Wolfgang Concours series WG-5500 gives an incredibly vivid shine.
You can choose an ideal sealant finish depending on your needs.
Most Car paint Sealants rang between $25-$50, for a 16 oz (500 ml) bottle. We recommend that you always go for a two pack value pack to save money on the second bottle.
Alternatively you can go for larger capacity bottle to ensure you use your desired sealant for longer.
If you have a black car, we strongly recommend you start using paint sealant immediately. These sealants are designed to protect your vehicle’s exterior from UV rays and other environmental hazards that can cause rust or discoloration on the surface of your paint job.
We recommend using the sealants we have reviewed, especially the:-
- Wolfgang Concours series WG-5500 (Best Overall),
- Car Guys Ultimate Car Wax Shine with Polymer Paint Sealant Protection (Best Wax Sealant Protection),
- Chemical guys Jet Seal paint Sealant and Paint Protectant (Best Value for Money); or
- Meguiar’s G18309 Ultimate Fast Finish (if you need instant curing).
These products will guarantee your car paint superior protection, and will help maintain the beauty of your black car for years to come!
Last update on 2024-02-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API